Selby District Association of Voluntary Service (AVS) is a local infrastructure organisation working in partnership with others for the benefit of our community.
- Selby District AVS provides help, support and information to voluntary and community groups.
- Assists in identifying unmet need in community care, and works in partnership to develop mechanisms to meet the identified gaps.
- Liaise and work with local business, commerce, industry, and all statutory agencies.
- Promotes and facilitates multi-agency working.
- Organises conferences, seminars, training events and general networking meetings.
- Is governed by a Trustee Board. Trustee Board.
- Provides frontline people services.
- Provides a full resourced meeting, conference, interview and training suite in Selby for other organisations. Community House
- Provides serviced office accommodation for use by other organisations. Community House
- Provides Selby District AVS affiliated membership to benefit other organisations. (See affiliation details below)
See the full range of our work in the voluntary sector. AVS services star map
Selby District AVS is a member of:-
- North Yorkshire & York Forum www.nyyforum.org.uk
- involveYorkshire & Humber www.involveyorkshirehumber.org.uk
- National Association for Voluntary and Community Action www.navca.org.uk
- North Yorkshire Consortium Infrastructure Organisations
Selby District AVS works in partnership with the following Statutory organisations:-
- North Yorkshire County Council (NYCC). www.northyorks.gov.uk
- Selby District Council (SDC). www.selby.gov.uk
- North Yorkshire and York Primary Care Trust (PCT). www.nyypct.nhs.uk
Selby District AVS
Telephone: 01757 291111(switchboard)
Fax: 01757 290311
Company Registration No 7565045 Charity No 1146109